Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer happenings

Whew this summer is flying by, Mom!! VBS is over. Mia and Livi enjoyed it so much, but the best part was the next week when Mia was teaching Livi a memory verse. "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." and then she asks Livi who she will trust in and Livi answers "GOD"! What joy!
On Saturday, we celebrated Mia's 7th birthday with the Lowman's and the Anderson's. We went to a park for breakfast and it was a beautiful day. Dad drove his new convertible (it's gorgeous, Mom, you would so love it! Although, it doesn't hold very many groceries!!!) and Uncle Scott rode his new motorcycle. It was good to see him back on a bike after all these years, plus I think he's matured in his riding skills. We were missing some folks, though! Bethany and Meredith have moved to Texas to experience new journeys. Grandma Anderson is at P.A. Peterson's with major back and hip pain. And of course you were not there! On Saturday morning, Dad called to see if I needed anything. Mia and I were on the way to the park, and tears welled up in my eyes because he is trying so hard to think of others and move forward with life. I was so proud and honored that he called.
Things are different now that you are not here, Mom. Every day I realize more and more how wonderful you were and I begin to look for those qualities in my life!
One more thing, we are on our way to Hawaii to celebrate our 10th anniversary! Thanks for giving us the idea of going to Hawaii!!
Love ya, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment