Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Day of School

Dear Mom,
Today was the very last day of school for Mia and I. She went for 1 1/2 and I worked all day, but she came with me. I picked her  up at school and she rode around with me, had lunch with me, and hung out at my office. She is getting to be so big. I can't believe that 1st grade is over and she will be 7 soon. She worked hard this year, but we have to catch up on some reading skills over the summer. She loves to read, so that won't be too hard.
Tonight we had a "welcome to America" party for the Roterts. They are back in the states for a couple of months. Brandy invited some friends and family over for a picnic. It was so fun to watch all the kids/teens play together. It is so lovely to get together with folks you haven't seen for a while and just soak up each others company. The 3 little girls played in a bucket of water. Livi sat her little self right in that bucket! It reminded me of the days at the lake when I had the whole lake to swim in, but I chose to fit into the pickle bucket.
Good night! We are hoping that the girls played hard enough to sleep in tomorrow....we shall see!!
Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn - I'm going to love your new blog!!! I enjoyed your Mom's blog so much & am happy you are going to carry on with your family! I tried to send a comment after your first blog but it would not go through! Such computer skills I have!!! I'll try again tonight. It has something to do with what I am selecting as a profile (I believe, but what do I know???)!!!
    Am happy school is out for you - enjoy the summer.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete