Monday, October 10, 2011

Little Mia

Mom,
Today was Columbus Day, so Mia and I had the day off to spend with Daddy and Livi!! We started off the day with taking some fall pictures and McDonald's in the park. We visited the apple orchard and napped in the afternoon. This evening Daddy went to watch the Bears play, so it was an evening with the girls. We painted nails and read the "I'm too small" book, a mouse's perspective on Noah's Ark that you had purchased when you went to visit the Creation Museum. Then Mia and I read the first letter that you had written to hear on her 1st birthday. You see about a week ago she discovered the letters and took a glance at them and I tried to explain them, but really I wasn't ready for this discovery. So tonight I asked her if she wanted to read one together. We both had tears in our eyes as I remembered the days in Savannah we she was born and how precious she was to you and Dad, well all of us really!! I told Mia, when I was finished reading, that she meant the world to you. She asked what that meant....I said that she was so precious to you. So tonight as she prayed, she asked God to watch over you and Grandpa Erickson while you are in Heaven. She prayed that God help Grandma Erickson and Grandpa Anderson to survive. Before she said "goodnight", she said "now I know how important those letters are". What a sweet little girl we have been blessed with. She also said that I should help Grandpa continue writing those letters to her and Livi!!!
Miss ya Mom!!
Thank you God for some down time to spend with my precious family for those intimate moments with my girls!! Thank you for the memories that were made today!!
Love, Jenn
XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jenny,
    Our hearts go out to you as we read your letter. I remember reading Mom's first birthday letter to Mia and thought what a beautiful "memory book" she will have. We never thought it would end so soon. It makes us so happy that you are keeping the memories alive so Mia and Livi never forget their beautiful Grandma.
    Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete