Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear Mom,
Since my last post, we went on vacation to Wisconsin, Grandma Lowman celebrated her 80th birthday, Dad celebrated his 58th birthday, I have been granted my LBS1 certification, I have taken the required test (but waiting for results), we have been blessed because I have a job (resource teacher at Brookview), Mia started 2nd grade, Grandma Anderson is home from rehab, Timothy and Matthew (our nephews) were baptized (wish I could call you to find out how the angels celebrate!!!), I celebrated my 36th birthday, Caroline went to college (Grace Bible College), and probably many more earthly milestones (but my memory gets fuzzy sometimes)!! So many changes and new memories are being made, but your presences is noticeably missed. When we get together with Dad and I go to count out how many plates we need, I have a real hard time trying to figure our why we only need 3 big ones. I just have to tell what Dad gave me for my birthday. It made all of us smile real big...especially Kurt! Dad is going to taking me shopping..FOR CLOTHES...he doesn't know what he's getting himself into, does he? I asked if he knew how to sing "You are my sunshine", because you used to sing that when I was putting up a fuss about trying on clothes and trying to find that "perfect" outfit!! Kurt said "Thank, Thank," and just giggled!! I am going to try my very best to make it a pleasant experience, so we can do it again (and I am getting better at knowing what I like!!!!)!!! I am really looking forward to it!! As I close, I want to share a verse from Isaiah with you that I have been grasping onto!  
28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

May you put your HOPE in the Lord and not grow weary!!!

Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, you have a way with words, just like your mom! So thankful you have a Dad that wants to "experience" one of those MOM things! Think of you guys often, and know there are so many "tough" days, but knowing your Faith is in the Lord gives me a calmness. I know you will be stronger for walking thru those "tough" times. Love You Guys!

    ReplyDelete